A special little home for Ian Anderson's special little thoughts

Monday, November 7, 2011

Steampunk: Keyboard

Decided to be 'that guy' and spraypaint my keyboard all Steampunk-ish. Took a can of Rustoleum Hammered Bronze, some metallic silver, and some clear coat and base coated my old Dell keyboard. Did the final lettering and some details with Citadel paint and a brush.

Here's the result under my 'natural' room lighting:
Photobucket

With flash, showcasing the true colors sort of a more industrial metal feel instead of the classy bronze glow above.
Photobucket

Replaced the numbers with Roman numerals, some of the worded letters (enter, shift, lock keys...etc.) with symbols. Put the numbers for the F keys and the numpad arrows on the side of the keys while leaving the F key tops blank. You can still see some of the original lettering from certain angles, but from the typing position in normal light you can't see anything.
Photobucket

Left the pause key blank because I couldn't think of anything to do with it, and left the spacebar and directionals blank because I don't think I'll forget what they do. Might do the mouse next, and my mic stand looks like it wants some classificationating.

No comments:

Post a Comment